CWTS is the acronym for Certified Wireless Technology Specialist. This certification helps the candidates to gain knowledge on enterprising WLAN support and sales professionals who should be confident or familiar with basic terminology of wireless networks. To certify with this certification, a candidate should have a prerequisite. PW0-070certification is the prerequisite requirement for certifying CWTS.
Candidates who are interested in certifying with CWTS certification should register in Pearson VUE. Pearson VUE has its centers all over the world and candidates can select their nearby location for registration purpose. Registration can also be done in online through Pearson VUE website by paying the exam fee. The exam fee for CWTS certification is approximately 125$ and once the payment is processed, voucher will be dispatched through candidate’s Email-ID. Local taxes may applicable along with the exam fee and it differs in each country. Exam fee also differs in each country due to the daily changes in the exchange rate.
Important notes during the examination:
Candidates should follow certain things before they appear for the examination and they are as follows:
1) Candidates can take CWTS exam only in the Pearson VUE centers and hence they should carry at least 2 ID proof for verification purpose.
2) During the examination, candidates are not allowed to skip any questions or edit any answer once it has been answered.
3) It is recommended to have some knowledge in CWNP exam terminologies that are being used in CWNA, CWSP, CWNE and CWST examinations before taking CWTS examination
CWTS comprises of 60 questions with 90 minutes time duration and the minimum passing score is 70%. The exam consists of only multiple choices questions and there is no adaptive type or case study type questions asked in the examination. Candidates who fail to score in the exam can re-apply for the examination in Pearson VUE center or in online by paying the exam fee. Details regarding re-takes are available in the Pearson VUE website.
To start with the practice session, candidates should be familiar with the topic outlines of the examination. The exam objectives of CWTS examination is as follows:
1) Wi-Fi technology, certification and standards
2) Fundamentals of RF (Radio frequency)
3) Hardware and software
4) Security and compliance
5) Install process and survey compliance
6) Application, troubleshooting and support